Interesting article from Mercola.com
Archive for the ‘Swine Flu’ Category
Ten Questions – Natural News
1) Where are the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies proving flu vaccines are both safe and effective?
2) Where, then, is the so-called “science” backing the idea that flu vaccines work at all?
3) How can methyl mercury (Thimerosal, a preservative used in flu vaccines) be safe for injecting into the human body when mercury is an extremely toxic heavy metal?
4) Why do reports keep surfacing of children and teens suffering debilitating neurological disorders, brain swelling, seizures and even death following flu vaccines or HPV vaccines?
5) Why don’t doctors recommend vitamin D for flu protection, especially when vitamin D activates the immune response far better than a vaccine?
6) If human beings need flu vaccines to survive, then how did humans survive through all of Earth’s history?
7) If the flu vaccine offers protection against the flu, then why are the people who often catch the flu the very same people who were vaccinated against it?
8) If the flu vaccine really works, then why was there no huge increase in flu death rates in 2004, the year when flu vaccines were in short supply and vaccination rates dropped by 40%?
9) How can flu vaccines reduce mortality by 50% (as is claimed) when only about 10% of winter deaths are related to the flu in the first place?
10) If flu vaccines work so well, then why are drug makers and health authorities so reluctant to subject them to scientific scrutiny with randomized, placebo-controlled studies?
Oh dear…the BBC is reporting that the swine flu vaccination programme in the UK kicks off next week – 13 million for starters.
Essential reading on swine flu:
Good for them.
Illustrates some of the media propaganda out there:
It just so happens that a brilliant article has been posted today over at natural news. The article “Flu Vaccines revealed as the greatest quakery ever pushed in the history of medicine” summarises Shannon Brownlee and Jeanne Lenzer’s November 2009 report in “The Atlantic” : Does the vaccine matter?.
Here’s a few snippets ( or you can go to the links above for the full articles):
Why the research is bogus
• Because researchers can’t exactly pin down who has influenza and who doesn’t, the research conducted on the effectiveness of vaccines simply calculates the death rate from all causes among those who take the vaccine vs. those who don’t. [This includes deaths from accidents, heart attacks, medications, car wrecks and everything.]
• These studies show a “dramatic difference” between the death rates of those who get the vaccines vs. those who don’t. People who get vaccinated have significantly lower death rates [from ALL causes, and herein lies the problem…]
… “For a vaccine to reduce mortality by 50 percent and up to 90 percent in some studies means it has to prevent deaths not just from influenza, but also from falls, fires, heart disease, strokes, and car accidents. That’s not a vaccine, that’s a miracle.”
The failure of cohort studies
• So how do the vaccine companies come up with this “50% reduction in death rate” statistic? Through cohort studies.
• Cohort studies compare the death rates of large groups of people who received the vaccine to large groups of people who did NOT receive the vaccine. But there’s a fatal flaw in this approach: People self-select for vaccinations. And what kind of people? As it turns out: People who take more precautions with their health!
• [Thus, you automatically have a situation where the more health-cautious people are getting the vaccines because they THINK it’s good for them. Meanwhile all the masses of people who don’t give a darn about their health tend to skip the seasonal flu vaccines. And these people tend to not take very good of their health in lots of other ways. In other words, in terms of the masses, people who get vaccines are more likely to avoid junk food and live a more health-cautious lifestyle. This explains the differences in the death rates between the two groups! It has nothing to do with the vaccine...]
The vaccine made no difference in mortality
• What she (Lisa Jackson, a physician and senior investigator with the Group Health Research Center, in Seattle) found blows a hole right through the vaccination industry: She found that even outside the flu season, the death rate was 60 percent higher among those who did not get vaccines than among those who do. [In other words, even when you take the flu season completely out of the equation, elderly people who don’t get vaccines have other lifestyle factors that makes them far more likely to die from lots of other causes.]
• She also found that this so-called “healthy user effect” explains the entire apparent benefit that continues to be attributed to vaccines. This finding demonstrates that the flu vaccine may not have any beneficial effect whatsoever in reducing mortality.
• Many pro-vaccine experts simply refused to believe the results of this study [because it conflicts with their existing belief in vaccine mythology]. The Journal of the American Medical Association refused to publish her research, even stating, “To accept these results would be to say that the earth is flat!” [Which just goes to show you how deeply ingrained the current vaccine mythology is in the minds of conventional medical practitioners. They simply cannot imagine that vaccines don’t work, so they dismiss any evidence — even GOOD evidence — demonstrating that fact. This is what makes the vaccine industry a CULT rather than a science.]
• Jackson’s papers were finally published in 2006, in the International Journal of Epidemiology.
Vaccine shortage proves it never worked in the first place
• The history of the flu vaccine reveals some huge gaps in current vaccination mythology, essentially proving they don’t work:
• For example: In 2004, vaccine production was low and there was a shortage in vaccines (a 40 percent reduction in vaccinations). And yet mortality rates did not rise during the flu season. [Clearly, if vaccines actually worked, then a year when the vaccine wasn’t even administered to 40% of the people who normally get it should have resulted in a huge and statistically significant increase in mortality. It should have spiked the death rates and filled the morgues… but it didn’t. You know why? Because flu vaccines don’t work in the first place.]
• In the history of flu vaccines, there were two years in which the formulated flu vaccine was a total mismatch to the widely-circulating influenza that made people sick. These years were 1968 and 1997. In both of these years, the vaccine was a completely mismatch for the circulating virus. In effect, nobody was vaccinated! [Knowing this, if the vaccine itself was effective at reducing death rates, then we should have once again seen a huge spike in the death rates during these two years, right? Seriously, if the vaccine reduces death rates by 50% as is claimed by vaccine manufacturers, then these two years in which the vaccine completely missed the mark should have seen huge spikes in the winter death rates, right? But what really happened was… nothing. Not a blip. Not a spike. Nothing. The death rates didn’t rise at all.]
• Vaccines supposedly “work” by introducing a weakened viral strain that causes the immune system to respond by building influenza antibodies. However, as Jefferson points out, only healthy people produce a good antibody response to the vaccine. And yet it is precisely the unhealthy people — the ones who have a poor immune response to the vaccine — who are most at risk of being harmed or killed by influenza. But the vaccines don’t work in them!
• [In other words — get this — flu vaccines only “work” in people who don’t need them!]
• [At the same time, it’s also accurate to say that vaccines don’t work at all in the very people who theoretically could benefit from them. They only produce antibodies in people who already have such a strong immune response that they don’t need the vaccine in the first place.]